Its been almost ten weeks since Modi’s government came into power and started working for the betterment of the nation and its citizens. On the dawn of 73rd Independence Day of the Indian republic, Prime Minister Narendra Modi reached out from Red Fort engaging directly with the people about the issues which country is facing nowadays.
Beginning his 92-minute long speech, he greeted the people for the twin festivals, including Raksha Bandhan and then moved on to define his early tenure from 2014 to 2019 where his government’s priority was to fulfill basic needs. In his mention of the second term, he said, it was for fulfilling the dreams and aspirations of the people. He said he has wasted no time after the elections and accomplished some important promises within ten weeks of assuming the responsibility and lauded the abrogation of Article 370 and 35 A which provided special status to the state of Jammu and Kashmir in the Indian territory, saying that his government wants Jammu and Kashmir to move forward and said that Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel’s dream of one nation one constitution has been achieved. There is still the number of issues on which the government needs to work on. They are as follows:
The problem of unemployment:
- The socio-economic status of the country has fallen down due to poverty and unemployment in rural India.
- Government should focus on creating more public-centric schemes, which benefits the rural population of India.
- The tourism sector of the country should be improved for better opportunities for jobs and employment in the country.
- Recently, the government has Passed ‘Triple Talaq Bill’ for the equal rights of women in the country.
- The Triple Talaq hung like a sword over the heads of our Muslim mothers and sisters, and now the government has taken a very important action on it to empower the Muslim women. Small steps and schemes to allow women to lead a better life should be promoted more.
Strategic planning of Infrastructure, to avoid Floods:
- This is the most critical aspect of building a sturdy and tough India.
- Government needs to make the proper arrangement of the Infrastructure and work on the techniques to avoid natural disaster to affect the livelihood of the people living in low-lying areas.
Economy and Poverty:
- Country’s Economy is the major concern of the people. There are a large number of people, not been able to get proper food at least once in a day. There is a lack of basic amenities in rural India-No water supply, no electricity, and absence of primary health centers.
- Government needs to work more on Rural-India development, keeping in mind the overall development of the nation.
Inclusive growth and Sustainable development:
- India is a developing country but not every Indian is growing with modern India.
- It’s not about the development of the nation, but also the development of the mass population.
- It’s very important to have a healthy population, and today’s progress should not affect future generations.
- According to the recent reports of the World Bank, India’s health expenditure for 2015 is around 3.8 percent of GDP which is really low as compared to the US and other countries
- Government should introduce more schemes like Ayushman Bharat, which promotes inclusive growth of the nation.
- PM Modi Government should also include more and more programs concerning the sustainable development of the nation.
- Should follow the principle of- REDUCE, REUSE, AND RECYCLE.