In a modern world, now we are open to historical, socio-cultural and all the political stories happening around us. Some are written on the golden piece of literature; some are yet to be written. All the difference in the world is made based on books we read, based on the short stories we read. It’s all in our head inspiring us in every phase of life.
The stories we have read directly or indirectly makes us more compassionate and wiser to deal with our daily-life situation and hurdles which come on the life path. So, There we are! Today I am going to tell you a few short stories that can level up your head and will give you an emotional maturity.
Toba Tek Singh-By Saadat Hasan Manto
- It’s the famous short story written by the great Saadat Hasan Manto and got published in 1955. It’s the story written in the time of Independence and talks about the atrocities which took place during the time of partition in 1947.
- When people have to leave their native land and migrate to another country. The pain, the grief, the struggle of leaving one’s homeland is all that covered in this story. The story is a “powerful satire” on the relationship between two neighboring countries that is India and Pakistan. You will get to learn a lot from this particular story of Manto’s.
Bombay Stories- By Saadat Hasan Manto
- It consists of the collection of short stories, set in the mid-century of Bombay
- Published in the 1930s.
- It talks about discovering the city called “Bombay,” and it’s struggling.
- It’s highly intellectual and inspirational to a lot of people.
Kabuliwala-By Rabindranath Tagore
- It’s a Bengali short story, written in 1892 by Rabindranath Tagore.
- The story is about Hazara merchant from Kabul and a five-year-old girl from a middle-class family.
The Postmaster- by Rabindranath Tagore
- It’s talk about the common man life and the daily life struggle.
- Published in May 1891.
A man from Mandu-by Manoj V Jain
- It talks about the spiritual journey of the person from the common man to the “Guruji.”
- He has covered all the life lessons in his book.
- Published recently on 6th June 2019.
The Other Family-by Joanna Trollope
- It’s family-saga fiction and talks about family problems and how we overcome them gradually.
- It was published on 13th April 2010.
- It has got 334 reviews from the world’s largest community for readers.
- Intelligent, witty, and insightful, The Other family is a story of modern family life from one of the greatest authors of Domestic Fiction.
City Of Lies-by Sam Hawke
- It’s the Sam Hawke’s debut novel and the first book in Poison Wars series.
- It has got 332 reviews and was published on 27 June 2019.
How to win Friends and Influence People-by Dale Carnegie
- This tells you about something you choose, and how well you make that thing work for you.
- It got released in 1936. Dale Carnegie’s first book “timeless” is also a best-seller, pack with rock-solid pieces of advice and theories to guide you.