About the Case:
This case refers to the alleged gang rape of a seventeen-year-old girl from Unnao, district of UP on, June 4, 2017. After this incident, on April 8 of the last year, the girl attempted to immolate herself(an act of self-killing, especially through the fire). It was an act of suicide by that girl who was allegedly raped by Kuldeep Singh Sengar, Former BJP member and MLA of Uttar Pradesh, his brother, and other associates involved.
The seventeen-year-old girl attempted to immolate herself in front of the residence, of Yogi Adityanath, Chief Minister of UP alleging police inaction against the accused. So far two charge-sheet have been filed related to this case.
On July 2018, the first charge-sheet was filed by the CBI(Central Bureau of Investigation) And on July 13 2 charge-sheet was filed, named Kuldeep Singh Sengar and his brother, three Policeman and five other people allegedly framing the Unnao.
Everything about the case:
- According to the “The Indian Express” updates On April 14, 2018, the CBI also made a second arrest in the Unnao case as it took into Custody Shashi Singh, one who allegedly took the victim to MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar on the day of the crime.
- Immediately after the incident, Kuldeep Singh Sengar was sent to seven-day police custody. A day after Custody he was arrested by the CBI.
- On the other hand, the victim showed confidence in getting Justice following Narendra Modi’s assurance that the country’s daughter would get Justice.
- Then later she was sent to the CBI zonal headquarters for questioning and later to Ram Manohar Lohia hospital in the city for the Medical Examination.
- One of the relative of the victim’s family also told that family was thrashed after they filed a case against Kuldeep Singh Sengar.
- BJP’S MLA brother, Atul Singh Sengar got arrested along with four others, for allegedly thrashing the victim’s Father by UP’S crime branch.
- Atul Singh Sengar was charged under Section 304, Section 323 and 504 of the Indian Penal Code.
- Section 304 states that culpable homicide not amounting to murder, Section 323 states that voluntarily causing hurt and Section 504 states that intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace.
- Then, later on, a special investigation team was hired to probe the alleged rape case as well as the custodial death of the victim’s Father.
- NHRC(National Human Rights Commission) issued a notice to UP government and the state police chief, asking for detailed reports on the Death of the Father and directed authorities to ensure that no more damage or harassment is being to done to Disturbed family.
- After that, the supreme court agreed to hear the plea for a CBI probe into both the cases, based on the petition filed by advocate Manohar Lal Sharma.
- After that, the Allahabad High Court took Suo-moto cognizance of the Unnao rape case and appointed an amicus curiae in the case.
- After all the complexities, the state government hand over the case to the CBI after the Special Investigation.
- The team submitted the video which avowedly showed the girl’s father saying he was assaulted by Atul Sengar in the presence of Police.
- The state government also ordered the Police to file an FIR against the BJP leader and four other companions.
- The Allahabad high court slumps up State government over the delay in the arrest of the Rape accused. The court also blamed Police saying that “Who will register victim’s complaint if not Police?”.
- Finally, after nearly fifteen hours of questioning, the CBI on Friday arrested the MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar the raping the minor girl. Kuldeep was produced before a Lucknow court.
- Recently on August 13, Court frames charges against Kuldeep Singh Sengar, and others for the murder of Unnao rape survivor’s father.
- On August 12, there was Unnao’s rape survivor’s accident. Driver and cleaner of the truck to undergo narco test on August 13.